Sunday, June 29, 2014

Terry Moody & the fake MMPI score

We were sitting in a room with a half dozen people, most all of which were clinical psychologists, when my father began to tell a story which I'd never heard before. I recognized the 1st name he threw out,  Dr. Terry Moody, as being the same psychologist I'd been in therapy with my 2 sisters and my father 15 years prior.

He began to tell these clinicians how he persuaded his second wife to take the MMPI and then how this Doctor of Psychology gave him the results of her MMPI.

"She scored a 4571" he said, waiting for their response. They were obviously stumped. "A 4571"? one of them asked. "Yes, she scored 4571", he scoffed. "She wanted to murder me."

"Mr. Pickens, the MMPI is not scored that way, why did she want to murder you sir?"

I'd been working things out in my own mind for several years at this point, and the Terry Moody saga had been a part of this, my quest for the truth of my life. Terry Moody was a child psychologist I'd met in the early 1990's & he'd offered to facilitate "family therapy" involving my two sisters, myself and my father. It became apparent to me, early on, that Boone was trying to influence Dr. Moody in any way he could.




No comments:

Post a Comment